North Cove Park
North Cove Park is a four-acre waterfront park at the northeast end of the lake, next to City Hall, offering easy access to downtown Lake Stevens.
North Cove Park began redevelopment in 2019 after an extensive planning effort. The Mill on Lake Stevens, great lawn, pier, War Memorial, and the beach were completed in 2020.
The picnic shelter, observation deck, and playground were completed in 2021. The City consulted with Sherwood Community Services to create a fully inclusive playground with synthetic surfacing, wheelchair accessibility, and sensory features to allow all abilities to enjoy this space.
The next phase of North Cove is currently under construction and will add additional park plaza space adjacent to a festival street named the Mill Spur. The festival street will add parking and a flexible space for events.
- Picnic Shelter
- Observation Deck
- Spray Pad
- Fishing Pier
- Picnic Tables
Location: 1812 Main Street (Behind City Hall)
Hours: 7:00 a.m. until dusk
North Cove Park Picnic Shelter and Observation Deck Reservation Information
Contact City Hall to reserve a facility. The City will soon have an online facility rental application!
Picnic Shelter Fee Schedule – Fees Subject to Change
All shelters have $40 half-day rentals available during peak season April 1 - September 30.
|North Cove Park||Group Size||Rate|
|Mill Outdoor Plaza||$75|
Rules For Use Of The Shelter Facilities
- There is a $7 reservation fee included in the price of the reservation. Reservations may not be canceled. Fees are non-refundable. Changes/rescheduling requests must be received in writing at least 14 days prior to the arrival date. Changes depend upon availability of shelters. $35 NSF check fee.
- Permittee shall comply with City of Lake Stevens Park rules and regulations. If at any time any or all members of the group behave or conflict with any laws or park codes they will be asked to leave. Intoxicating liquor is strictly prohibited. RCW 66.44.100
- All trash will be placed in the receptacles provided adjacent to the shelter. No nails, staples, or tacks will be used in shelter or table wood. No water balloons, straw bales, egg tosses, or any other litter-producing games.
- Fires will be built in barbecue grills only. No gathering of firewood from park grounds is permitted. No personal charcoal grills allowed. No cooking devices are allowed on tabletops. Special cooking units for the purpose of barbecuing or if a caterer is being used for large groups please contact Park Reservations at Lake Stevens City Hall (425) 334-1012 for authorization prior to reservation.
- Entertainment equipment such as inflatable play structures, dunk tanks, and sound systems are not allowed. Easter egg hunts or similar activities must have prior authorization from the City of Lake Stevens.
- Permitee shall maintain control of the group. The area shall be kept clean at all times and upon termination shall be left in a condition as found before the event.
- Reservations are for the shelter use only. No reservations for parking or additional picnic tables. Permittee may bring additional camp tables or card tables if they wish.
- If your event is not by invitation only and will be open to the public or is advertised, then liability insurance will be required.
- Reservations will not be accepted more than one year in advance.
- Click here to read the Inclement Weather Policy.