Community Advisory Committee
The City of Lake Stevens recognizes the important value diversity has in our community. To us, there are many facets of a diverse society that include, but are not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, socio-economic level, mental and physical differences, age, and sexual orientation.
Established in 2021, the Community Advisory Council works to identify issues, prioritize support, and ensure that the diverse character of the community is represented in decision-making processes with regard to diversity and inclusion. Committee members should reflect the racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity of the Lake Stevens area.
The meetings take place every other month the link to join the meeting is provided on the City’s website calendar.
The meetings are being held in a hybrid format. There are two ways to participate, in person at The Mill, Sawyers Room, 1808 Main Street, Lake Stevens or online via Zoom.
The mission of the Community Advisory Council is to:
- Advise the City on diversity, equality, inclusion, and access strategies and policies that improve outcomes for all;
- Assist the City in strengthening the relationship with diverse community groups;
- Lead the community in thought-provoking discussions which support cultural understanding, mutual respect, and inclusivity. Furthering the enhancement of our community as one where cultural and physical diversity is celebrated as an important asset.
The duties of the committee members shall include, but are not limited to:
- Advising the Mayor on outreach strategies to engage the diverse communities of Lake Stevens;
- Working with residents, staff, and elected officials to help develop the Community Advisory Council's annual work plan with goals and actions that embraces the City’s goal to build a welcoming and friendly community where all can thrive;
- Serving as an ambassador for the Community Advisory Council and promoting the Council’s work to the constituents a member is representing, which includes collecting feedback that can be shared with the Council;
- Attending at least six Community Advisory Council monthly meetings throughout a member’s appointment year.
- Alisa Sue Spuls
- Dennis Irwin
- Emily Kuo
- G. (Gus) Benjamin Lindsey III
- Sivakumar Aruchamy
- Steve Strong
- Sue Fernald
- Susy Tucker
- Yolonda Tollett
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Community Advisory Council, please email email@example.com.