- Home - v3
- Our Community
- Community Events
- Event Applications
Event success depends upon preplanning and preparation done by the applicant. This page is created to help in the process of a successful event. Event Applications submitted less than the recommended ninety (90) days from the desired date of the event require an expedited review if submitted under the minimum sixty (60) days processing time per the LSMC 14.16C.065. Applications submitted under sixty (60) days are charged the Expediated Review fee in addition to the applicable Event Application fees. The Expedited Review fee must be paid at time of submittal and does not guarantee that your event will be permitted. This means completing the online application process, uploading a site plan and/or route plan (for events that travel through city streets) and responding to staff requests for additional information or clarification and payment of fees.
The following are the steps that you will need to take to acquire a Park Permit or Event Permit (Level 1, 2, 3 or 4):
1. Read the Parks and Event Permit Information
2. Complete the Event Application of Intent Checklist
3. Complete the Event Application of Intent (only required for Level 4 Events)
4. Create a Citizen Connect login and password (an account must be created to apply for park or event permit)
5. Apply for the correct park or event permit (1, 2, 3 or 4) online
6. Upload all supporting documents (site plan, route plan, insurance information and other items) to the park or event permit
7. A staff member will send you a request for payment attached to an email
8. Log into Citizen Connect and pay the fee
9. Staff will either approve your application or send you an email with a request for additional information or clarifications
10. Log into Citizen Connect and upload the information requested if applicable or print permit and approved plans to have onsite during the event.
*Please remember to look at any conditions of approval prior to the event*
11. Have a safe and fun event!