Work in progress - final details coming!
Parks and Special Events success depends upon preplanning and preparation done by the Applicants. This page is created to help in the process of a successful event. First thing to know is to start the process no less than 90 days before the event. This means completing the online application process, uploading a site plan and/or route plan (for events that travel through city streets) responding to staff requests for additional information or clarification and payment of fees.
The following are the steps that you will need to take to acquire a parks or special event permit (levels 1, 2, 3 or 4).
1. Read the Parks and Special Event Permit Information
2. Complete the Special Event Application of Intent Checklist
3. Complete the Special Event Application Form (reminder-application is required 90 days in advance of the event minimum)
4. Create an Citizen Connect login and password (coming soon)
5. Apply for the correct park or event permit (1, 2, 3 or 4) online using the the link (coming soon)
6. Upload all supporting documents (site plan, route plan, insurance information and other items) to the park or event permit.
7. A staff member will send you a request for payment attached to an email.
8. Log into Citizen Connect and pay the fee
9. Staff will either approve your application or send you a email with a request for additional information or clarifications.
10. Log into Citizen Connect and upload the information requested if applicable or print permit and approved plans to have onsite during the event. Please remember to take a look at any conditions of approval prior to the event.
11. Have a safe and fun event!