We know the community is looking forward to celebrating Easter, but with traditional Easter egg hunts on hold again this year, we are excited to partner with the Snohomish Conservation District for a Hopping Around Lake Stevens contactless Easter Egg Hunt beginning Wednesday, March 31 through Saturday, April 10.
Every egg found is an entry into our drawing for this custom rain barrel, pictured below, from the Snohomish Conservation District; retail value $55. Rain barrels are a wonderful way to capture water on your property for use later on and per the Washington Department of Ecology, they are legal and encouraged!
We have over 30 locations throughout Lake Stevens participating in our Easter Egg Hunt, from businesses to community organizations and parks.
- This is a self-guided search; beginning Wednesday, March 31 at 9 am, the list of clues to find each location is available below.
- Each location's front-facing window/door (or information booth for the park locations) will have a flyer with a pink Easter egg image with a QR code; see an example below. The Easter egg hunt participant will scan the QR code using a smartphone camera, select the link, and learn information about the location.
- Some locations have opted to offer various offers and giveaways. If a location is giving away a tangible item, only enter a location if you feel comfortable; there is no obligation to enter a location to validate your drawing entry. Entering the location is only needed to accept the tangible item.
- The QR code also contains the location's entry form; to submit the entry into the rain barrel drawing, you must enter your first and last name, email address OR phone number. If you are under 18, it must be a parent/guardian's email or phone number. The winning entrant will be contacted by the method entered.
- The more eggs are found, the more chances to win the rain barrel! One entry per family per egg is allowed; duplicate entries for the same location will not be entered into the drawing.
- One winner will be drawn from all entries received; once the winner has been contacted and verified, it will be announced on this page and the City's social media outlets no later than Friday, April 16.
- The QR codes will be active and receiving submissions beginning Wednesday, March 31, 9 am through Saturday, April 10, 7 pm. All entry submissions will be closed after this date and time.
- All updates and/or changes to the Easter egg hunt will be made on this page and announced on the City's social media pages.
Click photo for a printable PDF version of the clues