There have been a few questions asked about the 20th St. BAT Lane HOV’s status and usage:
- The City’s electrical contractor is in the process of reconfiguring the signal heads in conjunction with Snohomish County and anticipating project completion by the end of the month.
- Once completed and open for use, the HOV lane will be open Monday through Friday from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m., with an occupancy of 2+ in the vehicle.
- Vehicles with single occupants can drive in certain portions of the of HOV restriction lanes to make right turns into side roads, driveways, and upcoming streets only.
Per RCW 46.165 High occupancy vehicle lanes – monetary penalties for traffic infractions: https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.165
- 18.104.22.168A HOV Lane Violation: $189
- 22.214.171.124A2 HOV Lane Violation within 2 years: $339
- 126.96.36.199B HOV Lane Violation with dummy: $389 (definition - dummy, doll, or other human facsimile to make it appear that an additional person is in the vehicle)
- 188.8.131.52B2 HOV Lane Violation within 2 years with dummy $539
Please visit this page or the City's Facebook page as additional project information will be posted soon.