The City of Lake Stevens is taking steps to improve its internal processes to better serve residents, businesses, and employees.
Nine city staff members and one Lake Stevens Sewer District employee recently graduated from a Lean Six Sigma training program, which focuses on removing barriers or delays to service.
Staff members participated in a 40-hour training over nine weeks earning their “green belt.” Graduation required participants to identify a process that they wanted to improve at the city. Some of these projects include:
- Human Resources – Helping employees return to work after an injury or illness using efficient and consistent processes.
- Police Department – Providing an employee care program for first responders.
- Information Technology – Developing a mobile device provisioning system for city staff.
- Code Enforcement – Developing a tracking system for fines and penalties issued for code violations.
- Procurement – Coordinating purchase of goods and services across all city departments.
Click here to read the news release with more information on the training program and participants.