Vacation hours are earned on a monthly basis according to the following schedule:
- 1 through 12 months of employment 8.00 hrs./month (96 hrs./year)
- 13 through 36 months of employment 9.33 hrs./month (112 hrs./year)
- 37 through 60 months of employment 10.66 hrs./month (128 hrs./year)
- 61 through 120 months of employment 12.00 hrs./month (144 hrs./year)
- 121 through 180 months of employment 14.00 hrs./month (168 hrs./year)
- 181 through 240 months of employment 16.33 hrs./month (196 hrs./year)
- 241 or more months of employment 16.66 hrs./month (200 hrs./year)
Pro-rated for part-time employees. Does not apply to temporary employees.
Front-load of an 80-hour bank at start of employment, followed by eight (8) hours accrued per month beginning with eleventh month of employment. Pro-rated for part-time employees.
Temporary employees receive one (1) hour of sick leave for every 40 hours worked.
Cash-out of sick leave to HRA may be available at retirement or separation in good standing.
Regular City employees receive ten (10) paid date-specific holidays, plus two (2) floating holidays per year. (Pro-rated if starting mid-year).
Family and Medical Leave (FMLA and PFML)
*Refer to collective bargaining agreements for positions represented by a Union or Guild.